2012年4月28日星期六

Le Blogueur and the Plush Carpet

Whilst the Coco Chanel quote that sits in my fat header is more about the exacting and meaning of the words rather than about Mademoiselle Chanel herself, it seems my run ins with the brand as it stands today have always erred towards the fortunate (though I've yet to make it to the holy event that is the Chanel sample sale in London...let's get that one ticked off soon...).  Remember that Coco Mademoiselle bloggers event (part 1, 2) in Paris back in 2007 when the blog was weedy and wee, the one that I STILL get asked about and the one that has since spawned many repeat trips organised by Chanel as well as similar initiatives from other brands.  Then there have been the RTW show going opps which yes, send geeky fashion shivers up my spine (it is normally pretty chilly in that Grand Palais venue...).  Then I get shoot opportunities where oodles of Chanel are at my wearing disposal (this example is coming out soon... quite exciting and it not JUST the Chanel... will explain later). 

Then I get afternoons like this one photographed here, where I get to pad around on plush plush cream carpet and touch/feel the A/W 10-11 and new cruise collection for an elongated hour or so (even though I keep nervously asking the lovely PR whether I'm cutting into her desktop time...).  I missed the Chanel press day becaaaaaause... err... I don't quite remember but there was definitely a good reason.  So this was a make-up carpet-plodding sesh and a perfect flow-on from my 'Faux Fur' post where I said I was slayed by a giant iceberg and plenty of faux. 

I'm also getting this done and dusted before S/S 11 action takes over even though technically I'm still wearing summer clothes right now in New York and haven't even dipped into vaguely autumnal things.  It's all getting a leeeeetle bit confused and messed up in my head.  I'm hoping by the time Paris comes round, things will start making sense to me and a cold wind sets in when I can even begin to consider furriness on any level.  Apologies if it's all looking a bit 'old hat' but seasons are still dictating that there's still months yet before we get slippy on...

...ice ice baby...

Sorry, couldn't resist...

DSC_1302

Waiting for Tommy Ton to capture these ACTUALLY on ice for that money shot....

DSC_1320DSC_1325

DSC_1371

These need to be worn over a Fair Isle long john-style onesie... not sure why I have nothing except for that vision for these boots...

DSC_1366

DSC_1368

The smile is ramped up in cheesy wattage because of a) plush carpet padding and b) heeeeeeavy coat that feels protective.

DSC_1305

I was most keen to feel up this rucksack which actually houses a 2.55 bag and a travel pouch inside that can be taken apart.  I sort of love how utilitarian and decadent collide into the piece...

DSC_1316

DSC_1318

A victory fist pump is always better done with a fingerless leather glove - I think it has more conviction... wonder if Lagerfeld does secret victory fist pumps with his gloved hands...

DSC_1327

This jacket is from pre-fall I think...the origami folded front is a really striking touch on what is anooooooother tweed jacket...

DSC_1336

More tweed collisions in these pre-fall shoes...

DSC_1335

The cruise collection needs to be seen up close because the details I think got a little lost in all the Saint Tropez sashaying...things like the double cc's worked into this broderie anglaise dress...

DSC_1346

Or the gauzey gingham that is frayed and interwoven

DSC_1349

DSC_1350

DSC_1354

Best to end with some bling that has plenty of soft focus on what was a very softy softy, paddy paddy afternoon.... I sort of love the gaudiness of this...kind of like if I was five and was asked to draw a crown, I'd be working in globules of amber and making it THIS precise shade of gold....

DSC_1358

More related to the theme of the article: More related to the theme of the article:

没有评论:

发表评论