2012年8月23日星期四

Sundays with Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 178

Sundays with Tabs the Cat, Makeup and Beauty Blog Mascot, Vol. 178

Advertisement



Is pet assisting right for you?

If you’re considering a career in the exciting, fast-paced world of celebrity pet assisting, let me tell ya — it’s not all glitz and glam.

International Association of Professional Pet AssistantsSure, there are advantages, like travel. One week it’s Paris to “get the gravy situation in order.” Next week it’s Napa Valley for fresh organic catnip.

But for all its perks, you do have to sacrifice a lot…

First, you can kiss your weekends goodbye, because celebrity pet employers basically own your @ss. And yes, I speak from experience.

Today was supposed to be my first Sunday off in weeks, and I had plans to go for a hike before catching a late movie with El Hub.

As often happens, I had my hand on the doorknob when I received a text from Tabs. In it, he said it was “of the utmost importance” that I organize his vast collection of accessories by color and ribbon width, and it absolutely, positively had to be done by tonight.

Big surprise.

He also insisted that I take some pics of him to give to his stylist, who then, after checking with our focus group, would color coordinate his outfits for the upcoming awards season.

So I’ve basically spent my entire afternoon with a diva kitty supermodel wrapped in a rainbow of ribbons.

Le sigh!

Here’s a look behind the scenes at some of the outtakes…



Even though I sometimes feel like a short, Filipino version of Anne Hathaway’s character in The Devil Wears Prada, I still love the job.

Maybe I’ve had to put my personal life on hold, but when I think of all of the Petcos I’ve been able to visit, all of the cans of Fancy Feast (in gravy) I’ve had to open and all of the litter boxes I’ve had to clean, it all seems so worth it. :)

In all seriousness, celebrity pet assisting can be a tremendously rewarding industry, but you do have to be ready to put in the work.

Thinking about becoming a celebrity pet assistant? Here are some questions to ask yourself first…
  1. Are you comfortable being on-call 24/7?
  2. Are you a go-getter and willing to do whatever it takes to please your celebrity pet, no matter how ridiculous the task?
  3. Do you have good problem solving skills? For instance, if instructed to locate sliced turkey and/or gravy in a foreign country at midnight, could you?
  4. Are you a good negotiator capable of diffusing potentially volatile conflicts between celebrity pet rivals?

If you answered “yes” to all of the above, a career in celebrity pet assisting might be a good fit for you.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. OMG! New eps of Downton Abbey and The Walking Dead on the same night!? I don’t know what to do with myself. :)

P.P.S. Care to skim through one of the largest kitty modeling portfolios west of the Sierra Nevadas? If you’d like to see more, you can also check out the archives here.
























Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论