2012年8月23日星期四

The New Fall 2011 JK Jemma Kidd Eyeshadows and a Helping of Love Yourself Soup

The New Fall 2011 JK Jemma Kidd Eyeshadows and a Helping of Love Yourself Soup

Advertisement



jk jemma kidd fall 2011 eyeshadows

Hey, boo. You having a good Tuesday? I hope so. Before we take a look at the new JK Jemma Kidd eyeshadows for fall ($16 each), grab a spoon, and pull up a chair. I’m gonna fix you a bowl of my world famous Love Yourself Soup. :)

Yup, Love Yourself Soup. I know it sounds silly, but I’m convinced that after you have a bowl, you’ll feel that much better. And really, doesn’t “Love Yourself Soup” sound cooler than “Corn Soup with Tomatoes, Garlic and Basil”?

Oh, what’s that, you say? You’d like to help me in the kitchen? That��s so sweet!

Okay, let��s start by chopping some tomatoes (about a cup will do).


Mini-heirloom tomatoes from Trader Joe’s

While I work on the tomatoes, you can smash and mince a few cloves of garlic for us. I lurves me some garlic, but we can use a little less if you’d like. From one to three cloves should do.



Now let’s warm up some olive oil in a pan…

Good. Now throw in the garlic first, followed by the tomatoes.

Excellent! Keep an eye on that pan, and let me know when the tomatoes look nice and soft. When you give me the word, I’ll pour in some Trader Joe��s Creamy Corn Soup, along with a handful of frozen corn. Then we’ll let those simmer for a bit…

Perfect. Now let me pour you a bowl and top it with some freshly chopped basil from my little garden on the deck.

Ah… Isn’t that yum? :)

Now we can dish about the fall 2011 Eye Colours from JK Jemma Kidd ($16 each) without listening to our tummies rumble.

jk jemma kidd i design eye colour

Jemma just added these six new powder shadows to her line, and I think they’re tops. Soft, with an easy-to-blend formula and pigment galore, I think they even can pass for MAC eyeshadows (with the Veluxe Pearl finish).

In fact, several of the shades remind me of some my favorite MAC colors; matte beige Silhouette bears a passing resemblance to Brule, shimmery golden bronze Scene looks a bit like Woodwinked, and shimmery green Stylised could almost be a dupe for Humid.

jk jemma kidd fall 2011 eyeshadows
JK Jemma Kidd I-Design Eye Colours from the left: Silhouette, Scene and Luxe

jk jemma kidd fall 2011 eyeshadows
JK Jemma Kidd Hi-Design Eye Colours from the left: Stylised, Sashay and Trend


Wearing Scene, Stylised and Trend on eyes

jk jemma kidd fall 2011 eyeshadows

I know — they’re awfully expensive for drugstore ($16 a pop). Like Pixi, the JK Jemma Kidd brand is one of Target��s higher end cosmetics lines. Pricey, yes, but I do believe there’s quality there. These shadows last all day long on me, exhibit very little (if any) fallout and are a cinch to apply. Plus, aren’t the colors gorgeous?

PRICE: $16 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now at Target stores and also online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A (I wish they were less expensive)

Take it from, Ryan…

Remember how I mentioned in yesterday’s poll that I’ve been trying to be less critical of myself? Well, I didn’t do very well with that this afternoon.

The part of me that loves to point out all of my faults had a field day today (I affectionately call her “The B*tch”). That’s why I made myself a heaping serving of Love Yourself Soup today, even though it’s about 85 degrees here right now.

I feel a lot better now, though. I had a good cry with a friend on the phone earlier, and, of course, the soup helped. :)

You be kind to yourself this afternoon and the rest of this week, okay? If you do, I promise to do the same.

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论